Yup, that's right. This is officially the second worst week of my life. Second only to the week I got my DUI. Something about being arrested takes the cake. Emotionally I've gone from bursts of tears, hysterical laughter, disbelief and utter depression...
SO- to spare you too much melancholy, I'm just going to give you a bullet point version of my week... seems less traumatic for you that way!
- Turned down for my old job. Didn't give me a reason why, just said they "wouldn't be rehiring me". THAT was a super blow to the ego. I thought that would be a sure thing.
- Got an email about the job I interviewed for last week, saying they were going with another candidate. I had a really good feeling after the interview, which makes me think I can't read people at all.
- Guy who said he was going to buy my car, didn't have the money. Surprise surprise. Relisted Jeep on Craig's List.
- Went to Wal-Mart to spend the last of this week's money on necessities before my income disappears. Read: Dog food, cat food, toilet paper, coffee (no more Starbucks for me!)
- Upon return, car wouldn't start in the Wal-Mart parking lot. Burst into tears.
- Contemplated applying for a job at Wal-Mart while waiting for a ride.
- Boyfriend finally texted me back, and figured out the fix to my Jeep was easy (loose battery terminal connection), drove home and applied for a job at Wal-Mart.
- Furnace won't turn on. Thought I had enough oil to last to April, whoops! There's another $300 to get heating oil (which I don't have and have to borrow from Mom)
- Confirmed that I am not eligible for anymore unemployment extensions. My next to last paycheck is next Wednesday for $390. Then the following Wednesday I'll get my final paycheck of $4. WOO!
Now, in order to keep myself SANE, I'm going to try to be positive and think some happy thoughts.
Here's a few things I'm thankful for:
- I live in a house that my parents own and (technically) pay no rent.
- I can always take on a boarder to help supplement my living expenses (although that's a last resort).
- I own my car outright, and don't make payments, so it won't get repo'd
- I will be eligible for a NEW unemployment claim, however its only $150 a week, but its better than nothing.
- My tax return is en route. Its only $480, but again, its something!
- There's a freezer at my parents that STOCKED full of food, that I'm more than welcome to steal from if need be.
- My friends and family, who seem to have more faith in me and my abilities than I do.
I leave you with this pic, which totally makes me laugh: