Friday, November 27

Craps-giving

My life is honestly in complete disarray.

I'm unemployed. I'm 31. and I live with my parents. I also just last night broke up with my boyfriend. Or rather, he broke up with me. Either way, I'm not really happy about it. But we're still working on it... I think.

My point is, I feel like a giant loser, and honestly most of this year has pretty been on par with it. I can't wait for 2009 to be over.

Don't get me wrong, I know I have a lot to be thankful for. But you know how easy it is to start wallowing in your own self pity. Recently I've just felt that there are a lot more check marks in the "things I'm pissed out about" column, than the "things I'm grateful for" column. Sad, no?

To prevent my further wallowing in self-pity I will try to come up with 20 things I am truly thankful for, sorry its a day late. Sue me.

  1. The fact that I do at least get unemployment every week. (some money is better than no money)
  2. Music
  3. My iPod
  4. The new Lady GaGa album
  5. Friends who will call random people from high school to come get you when you are stranded in another state and need a ride
  6. Long distance friendships that stand the test of time (and distance)
  7. My mom, for many reasons. But for sure knowing that if I ever get married and get divorced, that she will be ON MY SIDE no matter what happened. Or how big of an ass/idiot/fool I was
  8. The badass pumpkin cheese cake that I made and is helping me get through the last few days
  9. TV shows that entirely take you out of your reality for the whole 30 minutes (Bones)
  10. Ex-boyfriends who randomly send you a message the same day you break up with your current boyfriend, only to tell you how awesome you were and that they were sorry they were an ass to you.
  11. Sparkling Apple Cider, the best remedy for a wine hangover
  12. Flannel Sheets with reindeer on them
  13. Not having had the swine flu like your poor baby brother (yet, knock-on-wood)
  14. Côtes du Rhône wines
  15. Eggnog
  16. Libraries
  17. Comedians who truly make me laugh, everytime (Kathy Griffin, David Cross, Chelsea Handler)
  18. Birth control. And the fact that I don't have a child in the clusterfuck that is my current life.
  19. Europe, and that its always there waiting for me to come back.
  20. Dogs who always just seem to know when you need them to lay their head on your lap

1 comment:

Organic Meatbag said...

awwwww...sweet doggy...