I'm unemployed. I'm 31. and I live with my parents. I also just last night broke up with my boyfriend. Or rather, he broke up with me. Either way, I'm not really happy about it. But we're still working on it... I think.
My point is, I feel like a giant loser, and honestly most of this year has pretty been on par with it. I can't wait for 2009 to be over.
Don't get me wrong, I know I have a lot to be thankful for. But you know how easy it is to start wallowing in your own self pity. Recently I've just felt that there are a lot more check marks in the "things I'm pissed out about" column, than the "things I'm grateful for" column. Sad, no?
To prevent my further wallowing in self-pity I will try to come up with 20 things I am truly thankful for, sorry its a day late. Sue me.
- The fact that I do at least get unemployment every week. (some money is better than no money)
- My iPod
- The new Lady GaGa album
- Friends who will call random people from high school to come get you when you are stranded in another state and need a ride
- Long distance friendships that stand the test of time (and distance)
- My mom, for many reasons. But for sure knowing that if I ever get married and get divorced, that she will be ON MY SIDE no matter what happened. Or how big of an ass/idiot/fool I was
- The badass pumpkin cheese cake that I made and is helping me get through the last few days
- TV shows that entirely take you out of your reality for the whole 30 minutes (Bones)
- Ex-boyfriends who randomly send you a message the same day you break up with your current boyfriend, only to tell you how awesome you were and that they were sorry they were an ass to you.
- Sparkling Apple Cider, the best remedy for a wine hangover
- Flannel Sheets with reindeer on them
- Not having had the swine flu like your poor baby brother (yet, knock-on-wood)
- Côtes du Rhône wines
- Comedians who truly make me laugh, everytime (Kathy Griffin, David Cross, Chelsea Handler)
- Birth control. And the fact that I don't have a child in the clusterfuck that is my current life.
- Europe, and that its always there waiting for me to come back.
- Dogs who always just seem to know when you need them to lay their head on your lap