Tuesday, April 30

titilating tuesday news

Titilating.

Now that I have your attention, please enjoy this very Mundane Tuesday Post ;)

Stinker, aren't I?

In blog news, I'm apparently too stoopid to figure out this whole own and setup my own domain thing. I've apparently created two accounts at Domain.com and Dave from Domain.com has (literally) called me 7 times today trying to get it all figured out.

Yes Dave from Domain.com, I have a day job, and no direct access to my laptop, so please leave ONE MESSAGE and I'll call you back.

K thanks. Bye.

Some day we may need to adjust our book marks, but until then, same bat time, same bat channel.

Side note - we're cooking Quinoa in the rice cooker. Intrigued? So am I! Very excited to see how it turns out. Okay, maybe not "excited", but definitely mildly enthused :) Culinary Adventures, HO! (as of this posting, it turned out great, we used some veggie stock instead of water to add some flavor)

I've also been spending a WHOLE lot of time wrestling with my wanderlust bug. I spent two hours online today looking into Round-The-World plane tickets. Expensive yes ($3-10K) but you essentially travel unlimited for one whole year, wherever your little pre-planned-trip heart desires :)

I know its kind of crazy, and really not financially feasable in the next year, but its nice to have something to look forward to and plan for. Something as a goal!

And I've also (again) thought about, (shock) going back to school for a graduate degree. I mean really, isn't a bachelor's degree the "new" high school diploma? A dime a dozen so to speak? I'm pretty sure my cousin found one as the prize in her Lucky Charms box. So I've been thinking about maybe going somewhere new for grad school, which would kill two birds with one stone.

Again, planning.

Tomorrow, I PROMISE I will write my post about the super awesome Color Me Rad 5K I ran a few weeks ago.

And its Tuesday, so here's some tunes ::
Seriously addicted to Melancholy Hill by the Gorillaz
It popped up randomly on Spotify a few weeks ago and haven't been able to get enough of it.
I can't find anywhere online to embed it here, so go, find, and enjoy!

Need a Vacation? Pretend you're in Italy
Drive fast with a cappuccino in your hand.
Beep Beep!

xoxo, McGriddle Pants

4 comments:

A Beer for the Shower said...

The bachelor's degree is the next high school diploma? Damn. And ouch. Thank God I don't have to be educated to do what I do! (Write, drink, attempt to make films) My bachelor's degree is a paperweight these days anyway.

Also, we never had that much trouble getting our domain set up. We just did it through Blogger. Paid $10 for the domain name, and Blogger did the rest for us automatically.

Anonymous said...

Dude, a Masters (or if you dare venture) PhD is the way forward these days. At least it was for me. I was able to get into my field of work with just 11 months of grad school pain! And it seriously opened up every door I could have ever wanted open for me. So yes, I'm 100% for that. Even with my sometimes debilitating student loan bills. It's better than working somewhere than I don't want to.

And traveling: If you buy an around the world ticket I will be very jealous! I'm not sure at this point if I could travel for a year, but I would be tempted after a few years of living back in the states.

Get out there! And good luck with your new domain. I can never get the balls to get my own domain. I don't care that much....

Nugs said...

I have an Associate's and I'm currently in the middle of going for my BA. It's taking me 1,000 years but I feel like it's worth it to get better jobs and all that stuff. Next up is grad school, which I can't even contemplate but I know will set me up for the future.

Holy shit, I sound like my mother.

Anyway, good luck!

Kelly @ turned UP to ELEVEN! said...

so many plans and so many fun things to possibly look forward to. I'm living vicariously through you right this second!!!

I have my BA (in applied science, is that a BSA?), but I don't' want to go back to school for anything else... well maybe more training in Graphic Design... can I get a BBA SABAAABAAAA?