Tuesday, February 22

tuesday tunes - gonna slap a bitch!!

Here's some Tuesday Tunes, just under the wire.

I was reading through my blogs today and came across one that really pissed me off. No, it wasn't a right-wing, pro-gun, "Sarah Palin for President" kind of post, which are the usual culprits of making my blood boil.

Someone, whom I normally get quite a kick out of reading, was talking about Avril Lavigne, and her new song. The post in general didn't make me mad, it was the video she posted, and the fact that she referred to Ms. Lavigne (which I pronounce as La-vigg-knee) as "punk rock".

Let me say, on behalf of punks everywhere:
Avril Lavigne is NOT PUNK ROCK. Not even a little bit. This angers all my best sentibilities. I'm not even going to get into the fact that she's not even "rock" and that she's a cupcake pop singer. Anyone who titles a song Sk8terBoi is not punk rock. I've gone to my fair share of punk shows, and love quite a few punk bands. And let me assure you, she is not, I repeat, NOT, PUNK ROCK.

Punk Rock.
Look! My hair is pink! I'm SOOOOOO punk!
Not to mention she looks like she has fangs. Seriously. What's going on with her teeth? Did she get those filed? I digress...
Is she a vampire or a werewolf?
Now the other reason I hated this post was that her new video is so beyond stupid. I refuse to post it here, but its called "What the Hell" or some shit. She just runs around like a little asshole, doing whatever she wants, wrecking a cab, flirting with guys, stealing clothes, even if it clearly upsets her boyfriend. What the hell!

That, and stupid lyrics and you get a song more poppy that anything Ms. Spears has ever put out. And to top it all off, there's at least 5 blatant product placements in the video, including her own clothing line and perfume. What is she, a Kardashian?

Barf.

Leave the punk rocking to the real punks please. Real punks who take a stand, fight for a cause, get angry at the government and call for action.
http://www.dailycardinal.com/news/famous-rockers-play-for-protesters-at-rally-1.2009643
Or selling T-Shirts to benefit a cause, as opposed to hawking your own stupid shit in your own stupid music video.
http://www.dropkickmurphys.com/news
"Just because we can't change everything, doesn't mean we shouldn't try to change anything at all."
-Tim McIlrath, Rise Against

Now that's punk rock.




Warning, this video is not for the faint of heart. If you are an Avril Lavigne fan, you probably won't like it.

4 comments:

Coyote Rose said...

I totally agree on the Avril Lavinge thing. She is not punk rock.... she isn't even rock. She's a pop princess masquerading as a "punk" star. Coloring your hair pink and wearing ties and suspenders does not make a person punk, it makes a person look like they need to be on What Not to Wear.

Mrs. Beer said...

Can't staaannndddd her eiitthheerrr. Thank goodness I'm not the only one who does. Her teeth are almost as awful as her "music".

"Seattle" Heather said...

Oh. My. F'ing GWAAAAAAAAAD. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! For writing this shit down!!! Because it has been on my mind for since I heard that twangy whinny "what the hell" (Invision Valley Girl tossing her hair here) UGH! I hate that song and I'm not a fan! Punk rock really? You add some extra paint on your face and that makes you a punk rocker? Really, no sista it makes you trashy.


Now Pink...that's an artist. :)

"Seattle" Heather said...

**Please insert 'days' *** i got a little worked up and got ahead of myself. See what this subject does to me! I fired up I tell you!