Thursday, March 14

Liebster - Not to be confused with Bieber

I've recently been struggling for blog fodder here folks. I feel like my life is boring and nothing is really happening besides work work work. Either that, or I get so busy that I have NO TIME to write anything, and then when I finally have five minutes, you can't think of one. single. damn. thing. to write about.

So thankfully, my bloggy sista-from-anotha-mutha Sofia from The Brewery gave me this little award! She's the best isn't she?

And as the award says: 

yay! 

and 

thank you!

Basically its an award you give out to blog friends who you think need more people to know incredibly awesome they are. Like me (uh, right?!). 
Bear with me. 
This was a little like writing War & Peace, so here goes 

Liebster Blog Award Rules: 

1. Share 11 things about yourself 
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you 
3. Choose 11 fellow blogs to nominate {or how ever many you'd like}. The nominees must have under 200 
4. GFC (google friend connect) followers and tell them in a comment on their blog 
5. Think of eleven questions to ask the bloggers you have decided to nominate 
6. Thank the person that nominated you and link back to their blog. 
Note: I didn't entirely follow rule number 3... sorry Lieb 

11 Things about Myself 

1. I am obsessed ~OBSESSED~ with Instagram. I'm on that shit like 2 hours a day.
2. I can't roll my tongue.
3. I hear a serious slug phobia. Ugghh. Can't even look at them. And I know, I know... but its a "phobia" because its irrational, duh.
4. I really want to learn a third language (besides English and Spanish) but I can't decide which one! French? German? Italian? This indecisiveness has prevented me from actually learning one for the last 7 years. I'm an idiot.
5. I loooooooooove yoga. But I only get a chance to do it about once a month. *sigh*
6. I love eating al fresco. We don't get to do it much here in Oregon, but the second it stops raining I want to get out there. Even if I'm wearing a ski jacket and gloves sitting under a heater. My boyfriend hates it when its "too hot" outside, which in his opinion, is pretty much anything over 70 degrees.
7. I have one tattoo. Its inspired by my favorite book, The Alchemist
8. I was never a cat person, until I inherited my aunt's kittens when she passed away. Now I'm one of those cat ladies constantly posting pictures of her furry babies(don't worry, they have their OWN instagram page @ThreeWiseCats... Bahaha!)
9. I collect bar mats (coasters) from everywhere I go. I have several framed collections - from my study abroad trip to France, all New Belgium Brewing, etc
10. I feel like I have absolutely no sense of style. I'm just a t-shirt and jeans and sneakers kind of gal. Not necessarily because I want to, but because I have no idea how to buy wear anything else.
11. I always wear mascara. Even when camping/swimming/snowboarding/crying whenever. Its there.

>My 11 questions from Sofia 

1. If you could do an interview with any person, alive or dead, who would it be and why? 
Well I'm not much of an "interviewer", so how about hang out with? I'd love to hang out with Brad Pitt and George Clooney. Now wait, wait... Not for the "Incredibly good looking it hurts my eyes" that you might be thinking. But because
A. They seem really down-to-earth, funny, genuine and crazy pranksters. They just seem like they'd be fun guys to go out on the town with and have some drinks and shenanigans.
And B. Because they are really into politics, the environment, human rights and all around saving the world and are incredibly intelligent men who I'd love to have some amazing conversations with.
And C. They're so good looking they hurt my eyes. :D

2. What is your favorite TV show? 
Another 3 part answer. Of all time? Seinfeld. Hands down. That's on right now? Bones. That I watch the most because I Tivo them all and watch 2-3 episodes daily? Any Law & Order. Although SVU is my fav.

3. Why do you have a blog? 
Originally, it as to write about my life and send the link to friends and family, so I wouldn't have to write 15 emails every month. (Lazy, no?)

4. Who do people tell you you look like? 
 I used to get Claire Daines a lot. Like back in "My So Called Life" And sometimes Gwenyth Paltrow. In dim light. At the right angle. From far away.

5. What is your biggest pet peeve? 
Phoniness. Be my friend. Or don't. Whatever, just don't fake that you like me. I'm too old for that shit. (Ain't NOBODY got time for THAT! Sorry had to go there) Oh, and stupidity.

6. If you could re-live high school, what would you do differently, if anything?
Play soccer. Be on the swim team. Run track.

7. What is your favorite characteristic about yourself? 
My empathy. I have a great knack for putting myself in to other people's shoes and understand where they're coming from.

8. What is your least favorite characteristic about yourself?
Short temper. Good gravy can I fly off the handle. Hello hormones!! My poor boyfriend.

9. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? 
Gahhhh. Everywhere. Can that be my answer? I love to travel travel travel. Berlin. NYC. Paris. Florence. Buenos Aires. Chicago. Fairbanks. Bangkok. Maui.Homes in each please.

10. What is the best advice you have ever been given?
"Sometimes you have to burn a few bridges, to keep the crazies from following you." (not an original McGriddle Pants quotes, but still good advice)

11. If your house was on fire, and you could only grab three things (not people or pets) on the way out, what would they be?
My laptop, because all my life photos are backed up on there.


My Nominees
Denise @ blah blah blah
Mrs. Ruby @ Ruby Red Slippers
and
Alison @ Alison Claire's

Sorry its not 11... but I just haven't been keeping up on my blogs recently!

My 11 questions for My Nominees 

1. Chunky of creamy peanut butter?
2. Name one food you just can't stand.
3. If you could have three wishes, what would you wish for?
4. What is your usual order at Starbucks (Or similar coffee shop) ?
5. What as the last movie you saw in theaters?
6. Would you rather be an Olympic athlete or win American Idol?
7 what book do you think everyone should read, but no way in hell would you share your own copy?
8 Have you ever gone vegetarian or vegan? If so, how long did it or has it lasted?
9. Skiing or Boarding?
10. Who taught you to drive?
11.Do you have a favorite item of clothing for any reason?

Alrighty! Have fun fellow bloggity bloggers!

xoxo,

 

McGriddle Pants

3 comments:

Ashton said...

I wish I traveled enough to collect things. Alas, we don't get out much.

Thank you so much for the award. When I get more than 5 minutes to spare, I'll answer your questions :)

Denise said...

Thank you for the award!!! That is exciting....I will get back to this at some point, but March Madness is just starting and I am ADDICTED to breaking bad...so my blog has been suffering because I can't type AND watch that show at the same time :(
But thanks for reading & enjoying my blog!

Baby Sister said...

This was fun!! Thank you for the award. :) My plan is to post about it next week. *crosses finger* :)