Friday, August 28

what's an internet?

I'm a natural born traveler. I can't get enough of it. If someone moves to a new place or studys aboroad... I'm buying a plane ticket to visit before they've unpacked their first wine glass.

I am however not a natural born reader. It takes a lot to catch and keep my attention. My bookshelves are filled with purchases of books which at the time seemed like a good idea, but once gotten home, never tempted me to turn the pages.

I do however love to read about travel. Funny stories, anecdotes, tales of adventure, motivation, encouragement, mishaps and inspiration. However there are so many weird kinds of travel books out there. I guess I'm picky about what I like to read, there's definitely got to be some humor involved and some moment or two of revelation. Does this make sense?

I'd like to recommend some of my favorite books to you, dear reader(s?) that have honestly changed my life. Definite top of my bookshelf here, not to miss.


Geography of Bliss, Eric Weiner.


Eat Pray Love, Elizabeth Gilbert.


A Year in the Merde, Stephen Clarke



The Alchemist, Paolo Coehlo

Now my assignment to you, dear reader(s) is to take a look at my list, and recommend something else for me to read? Equally life changing, or at least entertaining? I'm curious to see what the verdict is...

Thanks! and Happy Friday!!

OH, and P.S. Am I the only one that, upon seeing that a book is on "OPRAH'S Book List" I have no desire to read it?

No comments: