Monday, February 8

i'm the man in the box

texting... the weekend... and my other random thoughts...

I'm currently having a text conversation with a friend of mine. I normally don't mind having entire conversations in a text message. It happens a lot, especially when either party is at work or doing other things. However I have a few gripes about texting in general, and mostly directed at this friend, who would never even think of reading this blog, but I just feel it needs to be said.

1. For the love of God, use punctuation.
You don't have to be totally grammatically correct, but a little something goes a long ways in interpreting what the fuck you are trying to say. Last week he sent me this:

"oh makes more sense now what restaurant sounds fun"

I mean sweet Jesus, I had to read that 6 times, out loud, before I realized there were 3 sentences in there. And what makes things worse is this friend does this all the time. So you can understand my frustration when I have to decypher what he's saying. Texting is supposed to expedite communication, not slow it down and piss me the fuck off.

*note. One of the things I absolutely love about Mr. Man is that he uses complete senences. With punctuation. And big words. No abbreviation. THANK YOU!!

2. If I don't answer you right away it means I'm doing something.
I mean, really. This is not hard concept to grasp. I was texting, got in the shower, and stepped away from the conversation for 15 minutes. When I get out I get a text saying, "Hello? What happened to you?" I'm so sorry I didn't feel the need to tell you I was going to "brb" from a fucking text conversation. We're not IMing here jackass. I believe my exact response was "I was in the shower. Calm the fuck down."

Okay, this isn't really on a texting note, but still from the same conversation...

Just because you haven't heard of something doesn't mean its not cool. I mean, some jackass yesterday said "Who is The Who?" at the Superbowl halftime show. I nearly punched the guy.

You haven't heard of improv? I'm sorry you live such a sheltered life never leave the small college town you live in. Improv is awesome. Sometimes it isn't delivered awesomely, and isn't as funny as other times, but the concept itself is awesome. Please don't make fun of me or my friends cause you're an imbocile.

Mr. Man is starting in a dart league with some of his friends and I'm going to watch. Just because you haven't heard of a dart league doesn't mean they don't exist. And your sarcasm really isn't welcome when you mock the fact that just because YOU haven't heard of it, means its dumb.

Such superirority is really an annoying characteristic. Just because you feel that you're above hanging out in bars, and because you think having more than 3 beers on a weeknight is excessive, and because you aren't a "fan" of bars doesn't mean you need to look down upon those of us who don't feel that way. I'm sorry I love beer. I'm sorry my friends and I like to go out and have fun. I'm sorry we like to get rowdy, even on a school night. FOR SHAME! Wait... I take that back. I'M NOT SORRY!!!

BAH!

okay, rant over now.

Brother's wedding was AWESOME! So much fun. Really small, at a park town. About 20 close friends and family there. Then we went out for pizza and cupcakes. Its so my brother to do something like that. It was great fun! Mr. Man went with me, which was great since he was really excited to meet my family. Its really refreshing to meet someone who doesn't seem to be allergic to getting to know your family.


The Bride and Groom


The Fam
I'm either doing the robot,
or attempting to hide my brother's gut


Baby Bro and Me
shocking!


Myself and Mr. Man
not an awesome pic,
but you can see a profile view of his cuteness :)

Also this weekend Mr. Man and myself went with some friends to an Alice and Chains concert. I have to say, those guys can still rock! Their new front man does a great job with songs too. I was really impressed over all. Before we went I was thinking... Hmmm... I think I know maybe 4 Alice and Chains songs? But it turns out I remember at least 10 of them. Great show, and great times! But I'm going to think twice about seeing a show at a venue that doesn't serve alcohol. I mean... WTF?!?

This week I am housesitting/dogsitting for Baby Brother and his Mrs. Its nice to have a break from the 'rents house, and have a space of "my own" even if its for 3 days!

No comments: