Tuesday, July 20

random shit tuesday

Serenity Now!! Insanity Later...

OH MY GOD. I'M 32!!

Suffering from major cupcake hangover... But oh, so, worth it!!
Fun-fetti cupcakes. A tradition for over 2 decades!

I've finally found a ring that I can fit on my broke-ass finger. Since my knuckle is GINORMOUS compared the rest of my finger, my usual ring hasn't fit since last November, when I originally broke it. I'm pleased to announce I have finger jewelry again!! 
Cute no? The trick is, that is doesn't completely close!! 
So I can slip it over knuckle-saurus and get it to fit nicely.
I mean really, look at the BEAST of a knuckle!!

One of my oldest friends got married this weekend. I seriously almost lost it several times during the vows. They're both English majors, so they wrote their own. I usually get mistly at weddings, especially those of which I'm particularly close with the couple, but his one was rough. I didn't have any tissue with me, so I had to seriously bite my lip to distract myself. Oh, to be that in love...
Congratulations B and T !!

and I think we clean up "real gooood"
Me and Mr. Man. I friggin LOVE this dress

This was in between thievings of drink tickets. There was one per seat, at each table. Well... there were a few unoccupied tables... and a few folks that left without imbibing... so I did what every red blooded thirsty American would do. I went scavaging for drink tickets. 
Everyone at our table got at least 5!!  You're welcome.
(Hey, don't judge! the Groom told me to!!)

And check this shit out...
Oh HELLLLLL YES!!
Neil Diamond Cover Band is performing at the Free Concert Series in the Park here in town. "River Rhythms"  Yes I know... it sounds like, and usually is, a giant hippie fest. But really?!? Is this not shaping up to be the best summer ever?!?

And don't forget... this weekend is
Und... TRINKEN!!


12 comments:

April said...

I would have hunted down drink tickets too. Love the ring.

Dr. MVM said...

Happy birthday from a guy who loves pre 1980 Neil Diamond and beer.

Cathy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Love the ring, yay for weddings, double yay for drink ticket stealing.

Sounds like you have a fun weekend coming up!

I did my own Random Shit Tuesday post today!

Meghan said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! And hi, Super Diamond ROCKS MY WORLD!

An Independent Voter said...

Happy Birthday! We went to a wedding this weekend, though it was free all you could drink everything. Beer, shots, hard stuff, soda, anything. I've never been to a wedding where the drinks weren't free, why would they use "tickets"? Hmmm, interesting.

Kelly @ turned UP to ELEVEN! said...

OK So I expect a full report on the Neil Diamond band - HOW COOL IS THAT?!

That ring is so damn cute! I have the same issue with my middle finger on my left hand. I hope that yours will go down eventually - I didn't have that luck. I hyper extended/broke that finger and never got it reset (in elementary school) and now it's still too big. booo!

That dress is awesome! LOVE IT!

Kelly @ turned UP to ELEVEN! said...

POOP! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I meant to say that first!!! ox

Crazy Brunette said...

Awwww... Its okay hoe... 32? fuck it.

LOVE the ring and you look GORGEOUS!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday McGriddle! Can you send me that cupcake and I'll finish it off for you?

jules said...

Love the ring and glad you get to wear it again. Obviously, I love writing, but taking on the task of writing our own vows sounds really intimidating!

aladdinsane12 said...

happy b-day, beeyatch! i'm proud of you for stealing those drink tickets. i always knew you were a girl after my own heart. love the ring, by the way! and the dress, you sexy thang :)

Denise said...

Happy Late Birthday!! AND, I love the ring!!