Sunday, May 23

this isn't my first rodeo


Howdy pard'ners!

Had a fun filled, action packed super-rific weekend here! Most of the festivities circled around my cousin's 40th birthday party, in which I was "volunteered" to help cook/chop/mince/dice/grate and blend... among other things. The weather however decided not to cooperate, so our Mexican Fiesta themed party was moved into the horse arena. After that, things went very smoothly, and a good time was had by all. I think my cousin raked in about 5 gallons of whiskey as gifts, let alone the other beers and birthday cards.

We had traditional margaritas for the party, but I picked up a new booze recipe for you. Its great for people on the go! (HA!) Let me introduce you to

Rodeo Margaritas















4 Coronas
1 cup tequila
2 quarts limeade
Mix well, serve over ice.

TaaaaaDaaaa! Gotta say, this one's not bad!

My cousin calls this their tailgating drink.

Now I'm off to finish up the weekend with some chili, cornbread, bud lights and 5 1/2 hours (YES!) of LOST tonight!

And some good news! I've finally hit 40 followers! Thank you to you all!!!
Our lucky contestant to be our 40th customer is Island Gal who has a pretty cool blog of her own. You should go check her out! Congrats to you and Thanks for following Island Gal!!

Catch you on the flipside!

8 comments:

Brad Carter said...

Probably more than 40. I doubt it counts me since I follow via an RSS feed instead of through blogger. I bet you have billions of followers you don't know about.

Anonymous said...

I just might have have to try that drink...I bet it is one of those that sneaks up on you..hahaha

Congrats on the 40th follower !!

Denise said...

YEAH, 40 followers, that is very exciting!!!

Glad the party went well.

What did you think of LOST?

Salt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Salt said...

This drink sounds amazing. I'll try anything that contains tequila. I'm a glutton for punishment.

Now I'm going to go follow Island Gal because if you love her, it probably means I will too considering we mostly seem to have the same kind of brain.

Unknown said...

hmmm, wonder if this will work with a shot of tequila and a bud light lime...

aladdinsane12 said...

that shit sounds dangerous. i like it...

congrats on the 40 followers! i have been stuck at 66 (the devil's number, kinda) for ages :(

Mrs. Beer said...

Yum, that sounds so good. I want to write more, but Avery shit so bad like an hour ago that the downstairs still stinks and I can't think straight. Anyway. I need a cocktail. And, like, a candle or something.